Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue in Edit Module Tab

Hi,

In have return a macro for storing the Report as PDF in VB Script .

To Run the Macro I have to Set the Option 'Requested Module Security' to "System Access "( In the Left Hand side of the Edit Module ) and 'Current Local Security' to "Allow System Access " .

Some times when I close and open an application 'Requested Module Security' is Set to Safe Mode and 'Current Local Security' to "Only Safe Mode " because of which I am facing issue in the Macro..

Can any one suggest me How to default the 'Requested Module Security' to "System Access " and 'Current Local Security' to "Allow System Access " when I open the application.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

8 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try going to Settings->User Preferences and in the Security tab tick the option to Always Override Security in the Module (Allow CreateObject and File Access).

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl ,

Thanks for your reply. It solved my problem.. Smile

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl, Today I had a same question and your answers work for me very well...

Regards,

Luis.

devans_1
Creator
Creator

Could anyone provide any further advice here ?

I have an identical problem. Security is set to 'Requested Module Security' and 'Current Local Security' is set to 'Only Safe Mode'. So I have ticked the appropriate box in Settings->User Preferences and in the Security tab the 'Always Override Security in the Module (Allow CreateObject and File Access)'. However, the macro still fails citing security as an issue.

If I set 'Requested Module Security' to "System Access" and 'Current Local Security' to  'Allow System Access' it works fine, even on opening. So I am wondering:

1) Why does the override security not work and has this changed with Qlikview 11 ?

2) What harm is there in allowing System Access ?

Any help would be appreciated....

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

David,

Sounds like a bug because I assume the setting in user preferences should have precedence over the settings in the "Edit Module..." window.  System Access allows for the use of file system object functions in the macro that could be used improperly to damage the files in your computer.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Curious to know if you've found a solution to this issue.  I'm experiencing the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Curious to know if you've found a solution to this issue.  I'm experiencing the same problem.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

+1.

Keeps returning on my end.