Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber_jain
Contributor
Contributor

Issue in implementing Pareto Analysis.

Dear All,

I am facing an issue related to implementation of one of the logic in Qlikview. In the attached screenshot you can see there are some defects displayed in the combo chart with their count, and their is a 'Others' that is count of other defects.

Other Defects = Total Defects - Count of top 10 defects.

125= 169 - 44.

I want to create an expression that should only display me 44 defects (that is top 10 defects)

Also I want an expression that displays individual values like 17 , 6 , 4 , 3 , 3 etc.

This is because I need to implement Pareto Analysis.

Below is the expression I have used to calculate no of defects. (Kindly ignore the database fields)

=

count(if($(vCondition_DateRange) and (Stato = 2 and IdPtoRisoluzione<>IdPtoDelibera and Anomalia_Month = month(Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione])))) , CodAnomalia))
+
count(if($(vCondition_DateRange) and ( Stato = 2 and Anomalia_Month <> month(Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione]))) ) , CodAnomalia))
+
count(if($(vCondition_DateRange) and ( Stato = 1) , CodAnomalia))

+

count( distinct if($(vCondition_DateRange) and
(Date(floor([Dte_Insert])) <> Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione])) and Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione]))<> date(vardate,'DD') and month(Date(floor([Dte_Insert])))=month(Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione])))and Date(floor([Dte_Risoluzione]))>date(vardate,'DD')) and IdPtoRisoluzione=IdPtoDelibera , Dte_Insert))

11 Replies
amber_jain
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sunny,

Your approach is correct. This is what I required but the thing is instead of sum(qty) , there is a big expression in my dashboard that I had framed for calculating defect count that's why I was facing issues in forming the expression Pareto.I framed the example in a similar way and used this expression:

if(sum(If(aggr(num(rank(sum([Out Defects]),4,1)),[Defect Description])<=11,[Out Defects]))<>0,
rangesum(above(sum(If(aggr(num(rank(sum([Out Defects]),4,1)),[Defect Description])<=11,[Out Defects])),0,num(rank(sum([Out Defects]),4,1))))

/bottom(rangesum(above(sum(If(aggr(num(rank(sum([Out Defects]),4,1)),[Defect Description])<=11,[Out Defects])),0,num(rank(sum([Out Defects]),4,1)))))

Also in my orginal QVW dashboard , I framed the expression with the help of my colleague that is very big to post here.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Amber Jain

amber_jain
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi John,

We can also use a slider object user wish to see top n defects, in that case also the condition you mentioned should work.We can give slider variable in dimensional limits tab. And it is always good in displaying Pareto values in right axes of combo chart.

Your approach also helped me a lot.

Thanks you.