Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue in set analysis

Hi,

swuehl maxgro

Can someone please help me with this set anyalsis expression.
When there is no value in vSearch then my set analysis should evaluate the expression from [Transaction ID], if there is a value in vSearch then it should consider [Transaction ID] from multibox.

=only({<[Transaction ID]={$(vSearch)}>}
        [State])
The above expression works fine but

=only({<[Transaction ID]={$(vSearch)}>
+
    <[Transaction ID]>}
     [State])

this is not working and I'm having trouble in this part <[Transaction ID]={$(vSearch)}>.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sachin

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you enter a Transaction ID in vSearch that is incompatible with your selection in Company Name, what would you expect to see?

Not applicable
Author

If the user keys in Transaction ID using the input box then only state in the text box should be visible.

Multibox containing company name can be empty.

If the user doesn't know the Transaction ID then he will first select company name then its applicable transaction ID's would be listed and based on his Trasnaction ID then state should be displayed.

It is either the input box or multi box.

Not applicable
Author

Just by creating a simple serach button, I'm able to do it. But the business user doesn't want to have a search button for the input box. He just wants to enter transaction ID and hit enter and is expecting to see the state.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Aditya Reddy Anreddy wrote:

Just by creating a simple serach button, I'm able to do it. But the business user doesn't want to have a search button for the input box. He just wants to enter transaction ID and hit enter and is expecting to see the state.

Yes, but I think it's kind of confusing to have it like this. A search in field Transaction ID list box or multibox would be much more consistent.

Edit:

Or have a look at this sample file. I used a trigger on the variable change to select the value in Transaction ID field.

To me, this way would be more consistent with default QV behaviour.

Not applicable
Author

Can't help it. This how they want it!!

Not applicable
Author

It worked. Thanks a ton!!!