Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue while reloading & distributing a qvw with section Access

Hi Folks,

I've an issue regarding Section Access and reload/distribute with Publisher.

I've used section Access(with NTNAME) in a qvw. I've created a reload/distribute task in Management console. When I run the task and check in the Access Point, I'm getting the below error:

"failed to open document you don't have access to this document".

Reload/Distribution is successful and I'm able to open the qvw on desktop with out any issues but couldn't do so accessing it on Access Point.

Pls advise I've missed any steps.

Thanks,

Surendra

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can you post a sample of your section access code please.

Is your file server on the same domain as your workstation?  In my implementation they are on different domains that the NTNAME is therefore different, I get the reverse problem but only because I develop on the server, the different domains is the cause of it.

Do you have data reduction on opening switched on?

Is it strict exclusion?

I assume you are using the same login when opening on your desktop as you do when opening on access point?

Which account is used by Publisher to reload the document?  Is that account included in your section access code and if so, is it defined as an ADMIN user within section access?

Some of the above may help to fix the problem.

Regards,

Nigel.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Surenda,

We had the same problem and when we added Admin to the section access as Nigel mentioned, the problem fixed.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nigel,

The section access is as below

SA:LOAD NTNAME,

COUNTRY as PRDCT_CTRY,

COUNTRY as ELST_CTRY,

COUNTRY as ENG_CTRY,

COUNTRY as TAXSTR_CTRY,

COUNTRY as TAXEXC_CTRY,

//COUNTRY as PCKGTAX_CTRY,    ACCESS;

SQL SELECT *
FROM GPTI.riskmaps."vw_section_access";

SECTION Access;LOAD * Resident SA;
SECTION Application;

I'm reducing the corresponding fields.

Prior to answer your questions, the application works as desired when I use a batch file to refresh and move the app using a batch file.

But when I reload and distribute the app , I get the above mentioned error.

My server is on same domain as my work station.

Data reduction and strict exclusion are checked.

I tried logging in with different user credentials as in the section access data, data is exactly reduced as desired, when ran the batch.

Reload is succesful even when I fill or unfill Section Access details with  QlikView service account credentials, under which all qlikview services are running  in Section Access options in QMC .

As of I now I've disabled the job and using the batch to do my job.

Thanks,

Surendra

Not applicable
Author

Hello Surendra

I had the same problem and it got fixed by doing to things:

First, include the functional QV account that runs the publisher as an ADMIN on your user list with the keyword NOREDUCTION

NTNAMEACCESSPRDCT_CTRYELST_CTRY...
QV Functional IDADMINNOREDUCTION

If you do this, when the document get's distributed to access point, it goes without reduction
Also you need to have this selected in your qvw

Capture QV.JPG

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo,

I've included the QlikView Service(Admin) account in the section access  view. I've named 'ADMIN' under acces.

I've used reduction data 'Group' for each fields PRDCT_CTRY,.... which means it will be able to access all countries data.

Can I know what is the use of specifying No Reduction? Generally we give space for no reduction. don't we!

I've checked the Initial data reduction and strict exclusion option enabled in qvw.

Kindly note that the qvw reduces the data as I desire for each user perfectly when the process is run through a batch.

Pls advise how I can go further.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Are you still getting the error?
The NoReduction applies only to the QV service, so the actual qvw that goes into access point, has the full data
Then, based on your section access, it will reduce it for the rest of the users that go into the app
I had the same issue, it worked using the qvw in desktop app, but no access when going to access point, and I found out that the issue was on the distribution to access point.
Also, the task for distribution needs to have the section access on reload like this:

Capture QV2.JPG

Let me know if you are still getting the error
Regards,

Pablo

Not applicable
Author

No Pablo...I can not use the value NOREDUCTION under PRDCT_CTRY,ELST_CTRY....

because there are linked fields and these are going to reduce other fields further.

I tried with it and it looses the access totally when logged in with service account credentials

Do I need to enter some different credentials under section access option in qlikview management console source docs task.?