Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with automating PDF and email using Windows Task Scheduler

Hi all:

I have got a question about automating PDF and email using Windows Task Scheduler:

I have done most of the part which include:

- Set the macro VBScript code in the qvw file. (Tried by pressing the "Test" button and every works). The macro will be triggered at the end of the reload.

- Created a batch file which will open and run the qvw file and leave open, the batch file will stay open for a specific time (remember this because this is the problem) and force the qlikview program to close and then exit.

- Use Windows Task Scheduler to run the batch file every day.

Here are the questions:

- Everything works when I set up a one-off (non-recurring) task (while I am logging in) with the waiting time in the batch file to be a large number. (The reload took about 3 to 4 minutes, but in order to make everything works, the waiting time in the batch file has to be more than 8 minutes. And this waiting time will keep increasing once I put more codes in the macro. When it works, I actually received the email 3 to 4 minutes after the task started (end of reload) but not at the end of the task)

- The email (sometime even the PDF) failed when I scheduled weekly from Monday to Friday at 8:30 AM (I was not at work at that time). When I scheduled two triggers, one at 8:15 and one at 8:30, which will recur weekly and triggered from Monday to Friday, the first one will always failed and the second one will work.

I am sorry if I explained this issue badly but Does anyone has this strange issue? Maybe you guys can share your experience if you use the same method to schedule your emails.

Thank you very much for your time.

PC

10 Replies
mariusz_kumansk
Contributor III
Contributor III

HI community, I had a problem with printing do bullzip pdf  when my script was run via task scheduler because I had printers with the name (rejected) on my sever. 
Solution:  Remote Desktop Connection>> Local Resources >> Local Devices and resources> uncheck Printers

Maybe this information will help someone because I spend much time to solve this silly issue