Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with chart type of straight table using expression with representation of "Link"

Sorry if this is already posted, but search for "link" in here obviously returns hundreds of posts on relationships between db tables.I have a straight table which contains an expression set with the representation type of "link". The expression is determined as:

'Click <url> //myserver:5555/PI/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id={' & opportunityid & '}#'

This is a link to a CRM server (MS CRM) where every record is URL addressable. I am trying to open up the opprotunity record that the row in the table references. The opportunityid is a GUID.

If I manually construct the URL, it works. However Qlikview desktop is actually passing the opportunityid of the row below the selected one in the table. Eg. It returns the GUID of the record below the one I am selecting. If I change the representation of the expression to text it picks up the correct GUID and displays the url as text correctly, its only when I change the reprsentation to LINK does the issue occur. I can confirm the URL is rendered incorrectly - it is not an issue of the CRM system.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Bob

0 Replies