Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Issue with current and previous year in pivot table

Hello Everyone,

I have a issue as i want to show current and previous year calculation for 18 month data .When i am creating a pivot table for this then what is happening 18 month current year data is showing and previous year 18-month data is showing from where it is started in the dimension althogh i want a comparison of 18 month data current year v/s previous year so for a particular month i shoud get that month current year and same month previous year data in the same row...plz suggest what should i do?

9 Replies
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I cheked this link but my issue is i got the current and previous year data for last 18 months but my issue is that i want to show them in the same row ie in the pivot table i want to show year 2000 last 18 months data for current year in one row and 18 months data for previous year in the same row what i am gettin is that the data is displayed in different rows infornt on that year..

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I cheked this link but my issue is i got the current and previous year data for last 18 months but my issue is that i want to show them in the same row ie in the pivot table i want to show year 2000 last 18 months data for current year in one row and 18 months data for previous year in the same row what i am gettin is that the data is displayed in different rows infornt on that year..

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

tresesco
MVP
MVP

i am not sure i have unserstood your requirement right or not. Did you try something like this?

Expression1: for current year data

Expression2: for previous year data

in this case the comparitive data would come in the same rows.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

the issue is that i have three column as Monthyear ,Current year, previous Year ,so when i want to calculate 18 month data for max date then in current and previous year column the data is not coming in the same row for same month as year is diff. as

MonthYear,Current Year ,Previous year

jan 2012,            0  

feb 2012                              ,3

mar2012                             ,4

apr 2012                            ,7

jan 2013        0

feb 2013      ,5

mar 2013    ,4

apr 2013    ,3

as u can see that in current year and previou year colum the data is coming as above but i want to show apr 2013 current year valus and 2013 previous year value in the same row not in diff rows...plz reply if you know how could i do this.

Not applicable

FOR CURRENT YEAR--

SUM({<YEAR={$(=MAX(YEAR))}>}SALES)

FOR PREVIOUS YEAR--

SUM({<YEAR={$(=MAX(YEAR-1))}>}SALES)

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

expression i know but my issue is that apr 2013 and apr 2012 values should come in the same row in pivot table that is the issue.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hello Jafri,

I think you have to use some sort of linkage table. PFA for an idea (courtesy: John)

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks Tres i will try and then get back to you ...