Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with objects in a container not being visible when the qvw is uploaded to the qlik server.

Hi all, I have an issue with objects in a container not being visible when the qvw is uploaded to the qlik server. I am using qlik version 12.10 and the server is on version 11. Could that be an issue?

5 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi

I would suggest as best practice always use same version of QV Desktop & QV Server.

If you use different versions, it may bring version compatibility issue. could you check the log?  also can share your current output screen image?

TKs,Deva

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Can you see the container if you opened the qvw from the server from your desktop version

Using qvp?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply! Yes if I download from the server and open it in my laptop (which has the latest version), there is no issue. I am able to view all objects in the container.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, I wont be able to post a screenshot and so far it looks like version incompatibility. If we download from the server and view in a laptop that has the latest version, there is no issue, but if we view in a laptop that has version 11.x then it appears to be an issue.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Yeah its version incompatibility. if the container object in the original QlikView 12.xx file, it will be lost when opening the project files in QlikView 11. This will corrupt the new QlikView 12.x file and the entire container will need to be reconstructed.

You can develop your application using 12 and deploy into 11 it will work mostly. if you use newer features/containers, they will not work in the older version  server.

u r client version always sync with server one.

Thanks,Deva