Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Issue with the REPLACE statement ...

Hi,

just had a problem in the app I’m currently working on that seems to indicate there was an issue with the „REPLACE“ command that I always thought was supposed to be ignored in a regular Reload:

I have two tables in there, one very small and one very big. To make the load of the big piece optimized, I separated it (instead of directly concatenating it as it was done before) and then I concatenated it to the small piece – still not optimal, but I could not yet come up with a better way of doing it that works …

In the last piece (where I have a CONCATENATE LOAD from the large table, it seems that one field that was there was emptied of values … up to the point after I had loaded the big chunk as a separate table, the field was there and there was data in it. ó after the concatenating, the field was still there, but it was empty … it took me a while now to find out exactly where that happens, I first noticed it in the GUI – which is another app actually – because the fields were all there, but still some charts would not display anything …

I had placed the REPLACE inbetween ?table_name? - there was only the CONCATENATE of course, no separate table_name - and the LOAD - maybe that was the Problem?

Can you confirm that this can happen – and why?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

0 Replies