Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavanthota
Creator
Creator

Join Problem

Hi All,

I am having two sample tables, In First table, I have Eid and PL and second table having Eid and amt column. When i applied left join based on Eid column and get all the columns to the  final table . when I want to show those details in any chart or table box amt get duplicated based on multiple pl for the same eid. I have attached  the source file and Qvw to check the details. Please check and tell me how to resolve this issue and show me an alternative. I have provided you some sample data but my actual requirement is need to apply the left join and get the multiple fields to the final table. Please reply me as soon as possible.

6 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Pavan,

remove Left Join. You don't need to Join Tables.

You can Link both table. You Load without Join.

srishsum2017
Creator
Creator

Hi

find the attached qvw file for your reference and in your table 1 ID is a,b,c but in your table 2 ID is a,b,C, so if you make C into c so you can get the data otherwise C is not matched with c so you do not get data of c.

Sumit Kumar Srivastava
pavanthota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Antonio,

Even if i removed left join it automatically join, unfortunately for emp id is showing amount 20 instead of 10. Please check it

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

See Attachment

pavanthota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Antonio,

Based on your reply amt column is get duplicated. If you check my original data ID 'a'  having only 10 but based on the above table amt is 30 for the ID 'a'. Please check to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Pavan

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Totals are correct