Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjn
Employee
Employee

Joining a two strings with non English characters is giving wrong results

Hi,

When I am trying to join First Name and Last Name as Full Name, I am receiving a incorrect results. this may be due to non-English characters it contains. for example First Name = "Herv←" and Second Name = "Roy", then the Full Name is showing as "Herv頒oy". Is there any way to avoid this. please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I mean the original data source - so you may need to look at the QVD generator and the source that is used to populate the QVD file.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

‌What is the expression are you using to join them?

FirstName&LastName? Or something else?

rjn
Employee
Employee
Author

I am using FirstName & ' ' & LastName

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like your data source is not UTF-8 format. Is it a text file? You may need to change the code page in the (txt, *) qualifier when you read the file.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rjn
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Jonathan,

The data source is a QVD file. How do I change in the code page, please give me an example.

Thanks,

Ravi

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I mean the original data source - so you may need to look at the QVD generator and the source that is used to populate the QVD file.

rjn
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

You are correct, there was a issue with original data source (CSV) format, we have fixed it and the issue at the front end has fixed. Thanks for your support on this.

Regards,

J. Ravichandra Kumar