Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesmf1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Joining data sources and returning date specific items.

Hi,

I have a question that is driving me mad at the moment.

I have a report that returns data based on the number of visits per location per month looking back at the last 6 months. I have this part working fine and can see the monthly data in a bar graph or pivot without issues. Visits are assigned to a branch and have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format.

I want to introduce a second dataset via an Excel file (Main one is a qvw file based off SQL data) that will look at the number of phones that a location has active and have lost per month. I have named one of the headers in the Excel file that represents location to the same that was imported in the bvw file and these link when looking at the table.

I have created a new pivot graph to return the location name, active and lost phones.

My problem is that, though I have a date range in both when selecting a month from a list to update the original bar graph and pivot, whilst this works and updates my new graph based on the Excel data doesn't and returns all information instead.

I tried joining the date ranges, but this caused looping issues.

Any help would be great.

0 Replies