Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Joining in Qlikview

Hi,

I'm new to qlikview and i know that qlikview  provides automatic association between the tables when the field headers are same  from both the table. I'm trying to create a reports and dashboards for HDFS data by establishing hive ODBC connection and i'm able to connect to hive and query the data and able to create sample report as well.

Here i'm query is suppose if you want to join a 2 tables, Qlikview provides automatic association when the headers are same. Suppose if you want to join 3 tables(or more tables) in a single sheet , just loading the 3 tables will yield the proper result or do we need to manually modify the script?

For example ,if i have a 3 tables like below:

ordercustomerproduct
orderIDcustomerIDproductID
customerIDcust_desprod_des
productIDaddressquantity
dayID

In this case, in my report i wanted to have the fields like orderID,cust_des and prod_des. So just loading these 3 tables give the proper output?

2) My 2nd query is how creating report and dashboard is different in qlikview. Is there any seperate widget to create dashboard/ So how can i create dashboard in qlikview? (steps)

Thanks,

Shree

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have loaded data into a table (TableX) then another load that loads data from another source with exactly the same fields as those of the existing table (TableX) then Qlikview will append the records to the existing table (TableX). For example:

MyTable1:

Load A, B, C, D From source1.qvd (qvd);

MyTable2:

Load D, E, F From source2.qvd (qvd);

MyTable3:

Load D, E, F From source3.qvd (qvd);

The result is that

• MyTable1 is created and has fields A, B, C and D
  • MyTable2 is created and has fields D, E and F. It will be associated with MyTable1 on field D
  • MyTable3 is not created. Instead the records from source3.qvd are appended to MyTable2 because in both load statements the same fields D, E and F are retrieved. Since MyTable2 already exists with fields D, E and F when the load statement for MyTable3 is executed the records from source3.qvd are appended to MyTable2 and MyTable3 is not created.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thx, so append means = Concatenate? 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's correct. In the script Concatenate means append records to another table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand