Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Kick It and Qlik It!

Hi,

I have downloaded the QVW file for Kick It and Qlik It! and have been going through the script, varialbes and the expression in my personal edition. My understand is that the text in the different chart objects change based on the Language selected. There is probably an array by the name NO which contains the list of title text. How ever i could not find such an array in the QVW script or variables or expressions. Is my understanding wrong or is the array defined in someother file?

Example

=

Only({<No={222}>} [$(=vLanguage)]) & ': '

I am assuming No is some kind of array with Legend at the 222 position in the array

The above code returns Legend in the selected language. In my case English

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, the language is defined in a variable and is set by user selection of a field value: Trim(GetFieldSelections(Language)). "No" is a field that has an associative relationship to texts in various languages. Create a table box with the following fields to see an example: No, English, French. When a user selects a language from the list box at the top of the screen, the language name is stored in a variable called vLanguage. Now for the important part: the names of the languages in the list box match the names of the language fields exactly. So what the expression really is saying is: display the field whose name that matches the value of the language variable, and show the value of that field that corresponds to No=222 (the legend, in this case).

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, the language is defined in a variable and is set by user selection of a field value: Trim(GetFieldSelections(Language)). "No" is a field that has an associative relationship to texts in various languages. Create a table box with the following fields to see an example: No, English, French. When a user selects a language from the list box at the top of the screen, the language name is stored in a variable called vLanguage. Now for the important part: the names of the languages in the list box match the names of the language fields exactly. So what the expression really is saying is: display the field whose name that matches the value of the language variable, and show the value of that field that corresponds to No=222 (the legend, in this case).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Vlad.... This answers my question.