Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Knock off Amount of invoices which is paid

We would like to find out the ageing of invoices - customer wise. A Customer can have multiple invoices at different dates and there could be many payments (which may not be directly related to the invoices).

For example consider the following:

Customer Name: ABC CORP

Invoice No. Invoice Date: Credit Days Due Date Amount

INV001 01/01/2011 30 Days 01/31/2011 USD 1000.00

INV002 02/01/2011 30 Days 03/04/2011 USD 1200.00

INV003 04/01/2011 30 Days 05/01/2011 USD 900.00

Now there is a payment made which is not specific to any invoice. The payment date here is not relevant. Paid amount is say USD 1200.00.

My condition is, first the payment should knock off the Amount of Invoices on FIFO basis. i.e., in this case, the payment will knock of the first invoice and it should not be taken into account at all. After knocking off the first invoice, there will be an amount of USD 200.00 still remaining. This should be taken into consideration for the next invoice. So, in this case, now the outstanding amount on the INV002 will be only USD 1000.00 after knocking off USD 200.00.

Now…the ageing should display USD 1000.00 under 60-90 days bucket and the amount related to INV003 should get displayed under 0-30 days bucket.

Can you please help us in this situation on how this can be done in qlikview.

Thanks

Napolean

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried to do this once and I had a pretty tough time... so I guess consider this a bump b/c I would also like to know this.

Not applicable
Author

hi Napolean,

Today I am searching some thing in community and I got your post. Although it is a very old post I just want to know that you got answer of your question or you still need the answer.

Regards

- Anil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I looking for an answer for this issue.

Any update regarding it?

Thank you