Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

LINEST_M(TREND LINE) Functionality and how it works my issue

Hi Team,

Good Day

yeah, i am struggling one senioriyo in my dashboard.

before that i read max of questions and answers regarding LINEST_M  Functionality but coming to my issue i am not able to find solution

issue:

let us i have3 fields in table .fields are date and peoplecountweekly ,peoplecountevery15days

peoplecountweekly:

it showing  count of people for every weekly

peoplecountevery15days:

it showing count of people for every 15 days

using this date function, peoplecountweekly,peoplecountevery15days i want to create trend line(Linest m )

peoplecountweekly: it is working fine as i expected

Capture.PNG

FOR ABOVE THING I WAS GETTING EXACT LINEST_M FUNTION VALUE

LINEST_M(aggr($(peoplecountweekly),[Date]),aggr([Date],[Date])--IT MATCHING MY REQUIREMENT AS WELL

-------------

peoplecountevery15days:i am facing issue on bellow one

Captur1.PNG

FOR ABOVE THING I WAS GETTING WRONG LINEST_M FUNTION VALUE

LINEST_M(aggr($(peoplecountevery15days),[Date]),aggr([Date],[Date])-

HERE I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR peoplecountevery15days

-->IN ABOVE  ZERO VALUES OF DATES ALSO TAKING FOR CALCULATION OF LINEST_M

-->IN THAT CASE I WANT TO RESTRICT THE ZERO VALUE DATES IN LINEST_M CALCULATION

-->HOW CAN I DO?

Please suggest me Team for best approach

Regards,

b B

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if you dont mind could you please post sample QVW file with your idea"s

Regards,

Bob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, I am still unsure what you want to achieve, attached a QVW with the suggested set expression

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

hay dont confuse

please see my QVW dashboard.

in that just we need to one thing i need correct  Linest_m function for "TotalPeopleAvailablefor15days"

that my main aim

i tired your new suggested code as well it showing error please look on Attached QVW file

regards,

Bob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This is basically the same request you posted initially, correct?

Well, the answer would be, to use a filter, e.g. set analysis in the linest_m function,

but since you don't want to change your variables nor the fields, I am not sure how you expect this to work.

You can't just have everything put into a single expression / variable, if you want to apply filters to that expression (without using selections in your data model that will affect all aggregations in that state).

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe consider using a CROSSTABLE LOAD to transform your table in the data model to a straight table.

I think this should make your expressions easier.

The Crosstable Load

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yeah,now  made  variables  accordingly to  my original requirement so now can you reply with your ideas accordingly then i will make that changes in  my dashboard as well

can you correct bellow script accordingly with my new QVW file:

=LINEST_M({< Date = {"=round(sum(peoplecountevery15days)*100,0.1) >0"}>}

aggr(Sum({< Date = {"=round(sum(peoplecountevery15days)*100,0.1) >0"}>} peoplecountevery15days),[Date]),

aggr(Only({< Date = {"=round(sum(peoplecountevery15days)*100,0.1) >0"}>}[Date]),[Date])

)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This is my last reply to this thread, I am little bit tired of doing mostly the same thing again and again...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a  Lot 

you Gave best result to me and it works Very good

mainly thanks for your patience.to solving this issue i fell almost you sit beside to me

Regards,

Bb