Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

LOAD QVD results in General Script Error

I've been at this for two days, looking for solution and trying many different suggestions.  Can't get this to work.

Setup:  I have a QVW where I build a straight table.  This table has one dimension and 8 expressions, varying from simple formulas to PV, Rate and PMT formulas, all rounded to 4 decimal places.  I then take this chart table and export it to QVD. 

Issue:  When I try to load the QVD into another QVW, it gives me a General Script Error.  However, if I go back into the QVW (that generates the QVD), filter the records down and then re-create the QVD, I can then load the QVD successfully.  It's starts to fail when I get above 1500 records or so.  The entire QVD has 2500 records, which should be simple.

I can typically figure these things out using the Qlik Community posts, but not having luck with this one.

Any suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.

11 Replies
Not applicable

Interesting solution

According to the API Guide '5' is for BIFF EXPORT (Excel) not QVD ....

Not applicable

so may be we need to have the (BIFF EXPORT)Excel format while exporting data into QVD. Rest I am not that good in macros than i am in googling