Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

LOCK/Unlock

Does lock field in triggers work without selections??

13 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you explain your requirement in details????

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Reena,

If you will explain what you want to achieve ..it will be helpfull to others to reply your qtn.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

Yes lock function works with the selections.

Regards

Vimlesh

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Reena,

you would need to have a selection, the function actually Lock the Selection in the specified field, rather than locking the field.

Andy

Not applicable
Author

hi..

Thanks for your reply..

i have a requirement as follows..

when i am opening an application i have two sheets , for that based on qvuser() i need to lock and unlock fields.

if the Qvuser() is in the list of  an excel file then it should show all the values of a field called NAME without any LOCK.

but if the user is not there in the list but is there in a field called MEMBER then it should lock that MEMBER name so that he cannot select other MEMBERS.

i tried with Triggers.but i am not able to achieve the condition. is there an way to do the same.

Please Suggest...

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Reena,

you'd use section access for this to restrict the data the user can see, the attached intro document will help get you started. See Example 6

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Yes you need Session Access for this.

Regards.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

hii..

i am already using section access in my application.. bt the thing is i need to lock selection based on loggin.. i am not able to do with conditions..

Thnk yu...

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

You need to restrict users so they can only see there own name in the members list:

from the user based on the section access login.

First of all, fields (columns) can be hidden by the use of the system field OMIT.

Secondly, records (rows) can be hidden by linking the Section Access data with the real data: The selection

section access and section application. After user login QlikView will attempt to copy the selections in

fields in section access to any fields in section application with exactly the same field names (the field

In order for this procedure to take place, the option Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access on the

Document Properties: Opening page must be selected.