Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonb2013
Creator
Creator

Last n consecutive results - Set Analysis

So today's challenge is thus...

I have a set of activities  (by category),  each with a start time and duration.

I want to identify - where the last n actives (for each category) has increased in duration compared to the previous.

For illustration  (n=2).

Category A durations :  100, 50, 75, 76    <-- Last 2 activities have increased in duration compared to the previous

Category A durations :  100, 50, 75, 60    <-- I am not interested in this as the last activity reduced duration compared to the previous

I started to play in a straight table to try and get a 'feel' for things.

The expression below sets each row to 1,2,3... for the number of consecutive increases, and resets to 0 if it meets a non-increase.

Dimensions are [Category] & [StartTime]

(

rangeMax( above(  if(Above(Sum([RunTime])) - RunTime <1,1,0)  ) ,0)   // prev row increase

if(Above(Sum([RunTime])) - RunTime <1,1,0)                                        // set to zero id this row is not an increase

)

+

if(Above(Sum([RunTime])) - RunTime <1,1,0)                                         // this row increase

All that looks pretty in a straight table,

but I feel it needs to be done with SetAnalysis rather than 'if'.

I am struggling turning it something that only displays the final result for the last [StartTime] in a pivot or chart.

So in the below, I need the last n+1 rows to be involved in my calculation, but then only display the last row.

Any help/guidance appreciated !

QV_Sample.PNG

0 Replies