Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Layout Design to specify a date range

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein i would want to show Sales i.e., Sum(value) based on a specified date range selection.

For Eg i would want to see the sales between 2012 jan to 2013 Sep.Can anyone let me know how this kinda of selection can be made posiible.I have attached a sample application Please let me know how its layout could be changed to acheive date range specification

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA

Not applicable
Author

I really don't get what it is that you'r asking for. Please explain.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am unable to understand the text that you have used on variables and captions.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Why should you be botherd about the variable name or caption ? Didn't you get the logic? If you really need that please let me know, i would share another one in English.

Not applicable
Author

In the application attached i would want to have a layout wherein the user can specify the start date and the end date during which the sales was done like in list box we can specify the entire year like 2012 or 2013.But I would want the capability of selecting the values like from 2012 jan to 2013 sep so that the user can see the sales that occured only during that period(i.e., sales occured between 2012 jan to 2013 sep)

Not applicable
Author

Well, first make sure your mastercalendar creates all wanted fields and then it's just a matter of presentation.

cal.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Anushree,

What I often do is show Year and Month as separate list boxes, using fields derived in the load like this:

Year(DateField) as Year,

Month(DateField) as Month,

And then use a MultiBox object with a drop down of Month Year that is derived like this:

Date(MonthStart(DateField), 'MMM-YY') as [Month Year],

That way the user can opt for a simple year or month selection, or pick a range based on both (so they can get the end of one year and start of another).

This is simple, yet effective.

Hope it helps.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this,

Combine the month and year as single field and use slider object with multiple value mode.