Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License issue with new computer

Hi All,

I just got a new laptop, which is great.  However, when I loaded the QlikView software from our server, it puts on a copy of Personal Edition.  Now I can't load my old projects, as they were created with software from my old machine - which apparently was also Personal Edition.  Here is the message I get:

LicenseError.PNG

I have more that 4 applications!  How do I gain access to them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Blair,

Having a license assignment is not enough to get it leased from the Server. Open QlikView, making sure any other instances including Ajax and Plugin clients running with your assigned user are closed (only your QlikView Desktop is opened for your user), go to the Help menu, Start Page, and select Open In Sever. Set the Server by name or IP and click the button More Options to specify your user in the form DOMAIN\YOURUSERNAME. When you click on the Open button you will be prompted for your domain password. If everything went fine, no network or firewall issues, you will see the top part of the Start Page change from "You are running QlikView Personal Edition" (that is what you should be seeing now) to "You are leasing a license from SERVERNAMEORIP".

Now you can open your documents properly.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

For clarity, I do have a full license accord to the Enterprise Management Console.  I am listed with a License Lease.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As default a new desktop installation starts in personal edition mode for each user.

You therefor need to get it in licence mode.

You can do that by onnecting to your qlikview server. Do a "open in server" command where you enter the servername. You should then be able to see some documents on the server. Open one of them and close it again.

There is also help on F1, search for open in server.

Now your "personal edition" is a licence edition and you should be able to open all local documents.

Henrik

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Blair,

Having a license assignment is not enough to get it leased from the Server. Open QlikView, making sure any other instances including Ajax and Plugin clients running with your assigned user are closed (only your QlikView Desktop is opened for your user), go to the Help menu, Start Page, and select Open In Sever. Set the Server by name or IP and click the button More Options to specify your user in the form DOMAIN\YOURUSERNAME. When you click on the Open button you will be prompted for your domain password. If everything went fine, no network or firewall issues, you will see the top part of the Start Page change from "You are running QlikView Personal Edition" (that is what you should be seeing now) to "You are leasing a license from SERVERNAMEORIP".

Now you can open your documents properly.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I had opened a document from the server, but it didn't take.  Going through the Open In Server seemed to do the trick.  Maybe it was just the rebooting.

Anyway, I'm up and running!  Thanks!