Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

License issue

Hi,

I need to open a Qvw document on my personal desktop version but not able to open 

I have also applied following steps  

Go to Settings then  User Preferences then Clear License Information then check weather it points back to personal edition or not then  IF OK then  go to the same path again then  Change then  apply new license

I am getting following error

16 Replies
avinashelite

Do you have a valid QV license? Personal addition has limitation to open only max 3-4 documents created by other if it exceeds then you won't be able to develop the apps developed from your personal addition also  

sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes I have a valid Qv licence, Following is the detail 

Product :QlikView Enterprise Edition Server

Licence key **************

control key *******

I  have one qvw file which was shared by  some person on One drive and now I am trying to open that Qvw doc in my personal computer ( QlikView personal edition) but  not able to open 

getting above mentioned error - Qlikview was unable to acquire licence 

marcus_sommer

You need to lease a licence from your server - see for it:

How-to-lease-Named-and-Document-CALs-on-QMC 

- Marcus

sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I have a qvw doc which one developer has shared with me on google drive, Now I want to open that qvw in my personal edition (as I am not working on any company's qliview  sever . I have just installed qlikview personal edition on my personal Computer) 

I tried opening the qvw doc on my personal edition of qlikview but was not able to open....

Now  I want you to please help me in telling me the steps to follow in order to open the qvw doc which was developed on some other computer (Server)(sent to me by one drive)

Note I have following server key

Product :QlikView Enterprise Edition Server

Licence key **************

control key *******

Please help its urgent

marcus_sommer

Like above mentioned you need to lease a licence from the server because you couldn't apply the server licence on your desktop client. Depending on your environment and the used settings it could become difficult - means if the simple open of any available document on the server don't work - because licence lease must be enabled within the qmc, you will probably need to have a VPN to get into the network, the firewalls must allow the connection and various things more ... In the end it means you need to go carefully through the links provided above.

More easier may be you copy the app on the server respectively in any mounted folder and access it then per access point.

- Marcus

sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

As suggested by you ,

"More easier may be you copy the app on the server respectively in any mounted folder and access it then per access point".

I don't have server installed in my system hence how can I implement this ?

marcus_sommer

How could you have a server licence if you don't have an (available) server?

sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I am using  my friends licence to which i don't have access to the server

sakshi81
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Can you please tell some other way to open the application in my personal edition

and if I will get desktop licencee key the it will work?