Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anmartin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Limit loading time of QlikView App with non necessary computations

Hello,

We use QlikView in order for our accountants to see real expenses vs budget from 2014 to today.

In order to build the final UI app, we have designed this process

1. A connector app that loads all the data from the source (external accounting platform) with some basic filtering

2. A "model" app that transforms the data in order to create dimensions and fact tables and computes several metrics. The function Binary calls for the qvw of (1)

3. A final user interface app that calls the qvw of (2) dans defines in the code user interfacses parameters that have no impact on the metics & dimensions.

The process is in sequences (3 is only launched once 2 is complete and 2 only launches once 1 is complete) and takes a lot of time to compute all the necessary dimensions & metrics over all the years (2).

However, only the data from the year and this year-1 is subject to change on a daily basis so it is not necessary to rerun the script (2) every day from the years prior to that.

Any idea on how to proceed to optimize the daily running time?

Thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I would store the calculations from previous years in QVDs, and your app2 would just retrieve them

anmartin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your anwser.

What does it concretely mean in my code? How to store into qvd and more importantely how to then call the qvds in the app and concatenate them

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want help in your coding, that is generally done via Services or through one of our partners, most folks are not in the business of doing things for free, which likely explains lack of further comments.  Here are some links that may put on the right track though:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/QVD_files.htm

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/QVD_Incremental.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.