Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit number of data points on graph

I have a graph (Store Type vs. Num of Customer visits) where I load all of my data from database and I have many filters(Customer, Date, membership status, Store, etc..) for that data. I want to be able to show only the latest 20 visits from a customer after all my filters are applied. So for example I would want to have the last 20 visits when I select a certain customer visiting a certain store, or the last 20 visits when I select all customers with a certain membership status visiting a certain store. Is there any way I can so this?

Thanks

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can we know which chart you are using? May be dimension limits tab on Object properties and give Last 20 values. Meantime, The tab is not available may be look Rank() function

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I am using a bar chart, problem with dimension limits is that I am not limiting the last 20 values of the dimension, but overall datapoints on the graph, which is shown by my expression, how can I use rank?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Aggr(If(Rank(Sum(Sales))<=20, Sum(Sales),Dim1)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful