Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
analyticsuser
Contributor III
Contributor III

Limit values based on a expression in a bar chart

Hello,

I am trying to restrict values based on expression using set analysis in a bar chart. I am able to get it to work in a straight table, however, in a bar chart, it doesn't work. Can anyone please help me a solution. I have to display values with TotalCost > 1, where TotalCost is a fact being used in the set analysis and Award number in the dimension. Do I need to set dimension limits?

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you describe what you mean doesn't work? Are you extra bars or no bars?  Can you post your expression?

-Rob

analyticsuser
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I need to get the above values displayed in a bar chart. I am setting the dimension limits to >1. the same setting doesn't work for bar chart. As a bar chart, I am getting a different value.

I have to display values only when GrantTotalCost > 1.0. In the table, I am setting the dimension limits to >1. the same setting doesn't work for bar chart. As a bar chart, I am getting a different value.

Below is the expression: sum({< TimeFrame = {'Current Year'}, CalendarType = {'Fiscal'}, PeriodType = {'Rolling 12 Months'}
>}
[# GrantTotalCost])

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You appear have different dimensions.  On the bar chart Dimension, uncheck "suppress when null" and check on"show all values".

-Rob

analyticsuser
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did but didn't work. Yes, I have different dimension in bar chart as I am supposed to display the cost over a period of 5 years. How can I restrict the values based on a expression within a expression?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post a sample qvw?

-Rob