Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit values from a graph

Hi

I have a graph and i wanna limit the values to the top 5 or top 7 or the 'x' value that i wanna see

i did an inline table like this

VALOR_LIMITE:

LOAD * INLINE [

VALOR_LIMITE,

];

and in the dimension limits i use this field, but it isn´t working

what do you suggest?

Regards

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Jeremias,

Correct me if i'm wrong, as your field have multiple values which value are you passing to dimension limits to limit ?

use a variable, on selection of value pass the selected value into variable & use that variable in dimension limits, by using variable u can choose an option to feed it data from input fields too.

Hope this helps.

thanks

Brad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Open a new script and enter:

DummyData:

Load

RowNo() as SalesKey,

RowNo() * 3 as OrderAmount

AutoGenerate(50);

VALOR_LIMITE:

LOAD * INLINE [

VALOR_LIMITE,

];

1. Make a bar chart with SalesKey as the dimension and sum (OrderAmount) as the expression.

2. Add a Slider/Calendar Object. Set the Input Style to Slider, make sure Field is selected under Data, and select VALOR_LIMITE to its right. Make sure Discrete is checked in the Value Mode section.

3. Open up the properties for the new chart and go to the Dimension Limits tab. Make sure SalesKey is selected on the right, check "Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression," then select Show only. Select Largest, and then in the box to its right enter "=GetFieldSelections(VALOR_LIMITE)".

The slider now controls the number of values included in the chart. Note the 8 bars in the image below. The slider is restricted to the values entered in the script.

20151105_1.GIF

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Do you want the Graph based on your Selection in the VALOR_LIMITE? Like this..

try to put the below expression in your Dimension limit..

=if(isnull(GetFieldSelections(VALOR_LIMITE)),Count(Dim),GetFieldSelections(VALOR_LIMITE))

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To prevent a user from selecting more than one value in the VALOR_LIMITE list box, select one value and then open the List Box properties. In the General tab check Always one selected value.

You may want to set a trigger on open to select a default value since reloads will sometimes deselect all options.

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

Instead its very easy to use a variable with input box ,

1)Create a Variable vLimit and assign a values 0

2) Take one input box and add this variable to it

3) Open Chart --> properties --> Dimension Limits --> select largest --> erase default values use this variable $(vLimit)

and Un check others

4) Give the value in input box then Chart display will change according to your selections

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this in Dimension Limits

Chart Propeties -> Dimension Limits -> Select Show Only -> Largest 5 Values.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hey

Thanks for the example

Can i use a ciclic dimension ?

Not applicable
Author

Hey

Thank you for your answer

Can i use a cyclic dimension with this?

I tried using "" and '' but i couldn´t make it work

Regards

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

You can use it. You need to use Getcurrentfield (Your group name )