Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limitation of objects on qlikview

Hi All,

Is there any limitation of using objects in a TAB ??

beacuse when i am using multiple objects on a single TAb there is a performance issue. It takes long time to open application and report.

Can any1 suggest me for the same.

Ashwin

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I only ever use one tab (sheet) in QlikView so most of my applications have well over 100 charts on them.

Qlikview calculates charts that are "Active" so if all of your charts are active at the same time then certainly it will slow the process down, I would normally only have 4 or 5 charts active at any one time. All of the charts in the app are using conditional show statements so that the vast majority are hidden.

If you are following the same principle as me then you shouldn't have a problem, however........

I recently upgrade to V9 SR4 and every one of my apps suddenly started performing extremely badly, a roll-back to SR3 fixed this problem, and apparently SR5 will correct the problem (expected soon).

Hope it helps,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even i have seen performance degradation in QV, when i have too many objects. I would like to know if there fixed limit on the number of objects that can be taken in a single sheet.

Not applicable
Author

There is no fixed limit on the number of objects.

One thing that can degrade performance is if you use expressions with advanced calculations. If this is a problem, one solution can be to move the calculation or part of it to the script, making the script slower but the user experience better. This also helps a lot if you have the same advanced expressions on several charts.

Not applicable
Author

HI All,

Actually I am creating a Dashboard, in which i have used more than 50 Text Objects and different expression on same.......

Is this creating problem in it ....................

Not applicable
Author

It depends on a number of things, such as:

How big is your data model?

How complex are the calculations?

Can you post an example, if they are just text boxes with a single expression then that doesn't seem like anything to worry about.