Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Break in caption of diagram

Hi Community,

I have the following issue and would be very thankful if someone could help me with a quick response:

This is a (unconvential) screenshot of my problem... The Caption is "Null-Acht-Fünfzehn" in full length, but the diagram cuts it without doing a line break.

So how can I add such a line-break?

Screenshot_BarDiag.jpg

12 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you add more details?

Is that a Graph, a column of a table or what else?

Could you provide an example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

it is a bar diagram and the shown text in the screenshot is the caption of a dimension.

So for example this could be a company's name for which the bar could show a corresponding value like revenue..

Thanks

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Click simultaneusly CTRL + SHIFT ... it will appears red boxes, you can resize them and show your caption

Hope it helps

Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Could you try changing the size of the components by selecting you object and clicking CTRL + SHIFT?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your responses, but with CTRL+SHIFT I can only adjust the bar itself but I can't select the caption itself..

Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

You should be able to resize the bar chart a little so that the caption appears completely. Point the mouse over the left side of the bars to get the double arrow pointer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope this is not possible. But, we can try with option "Limit Legend (Characters)" under presentation tab to maintain a fixed number of characters.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brice,

yes this is possible, but I'd rather prefer a line break because my space to the left is limited.

Not applicable
Author

Hi venugopal4s,

your hope came true

The limitation surprisingly does not change anything. Even if I limit it to 1 the words did not get cut...