Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart Problem

Symptom:

In a quarterly line chart showing  annualized attrition rates from Jan 2010 to Jun 2011, I need to display the quarters followed by the months of the current quarter.

Problem:

The monthly attrition rate annualized is defined as (Terminations * 12)/ Average Headcount.  Monthly average headcount is defined as (actual headcount + one month prior headcount)/2 .

There were no issues with this graph until the monthly attrtion rate annulaized was changed to use the average headcount calculation above.  I have tried implementing several "AsOf" examples to my application with no success.

In my example file, I've loaded 3 fields inline: feeddate (M/D/YYYY), Terms, and Headcount.  The "Load Periods" tab comes directly from my application and creates my "Range" field (I believe the developer before me borrowed this code from the forums).  The line chart is simply the annualized attrtion rates from Q1 2010 through Q1 2011 followed by Apr 2011, May 2011, and Jun 2011.  There are no issues with the quarterly numbers. 

If this was a month over month chart, I would be able to use an "AsOf" technique that John Witherspoon shared with me last year.  However, the combination of Quarters and Months within the same chart has stumped me.  Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.!

0 Replies