Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Graph - Actuals vs Previous Years in % (growth)

I have explored almost all the threads here which belong to my problem and also tried the possible solutions. I can't believe that this graph is that hard to create in QV but it seems it is.

What I want to create is a line graph which shows the Actuals in % of the previous Quarter+Year, for each product group (three).

So my dimensions are Quarter_and_Year and Product_Group, the result should be three lines (product_group) from Q1/2008 til Q2/2011 showing the growth for each quarter.

I have tried it by complex formulas, by seperate tables, changes in structure, but I didn't get it.

Hope you can help me as it's important for my File,

many thanks in advance

Christoph

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

graphline.JPG

above you see the screenshot of what i want, but instead of the months i want Year+Quarter (from Q1/2008 over the years)

The graph above i achieved with the formulas below:

=sum(if(inYearToDate(invoicedate,MaxOrderDate,0) and customer='Dritte' and type='Sales',amount)) /

sum({$ < CalendarYear = {$(=year(addyears(MaxOrderDate,-1)))}, costumer={Dritte}, type={Sales}, productgroup_Text={[group1], [group2], [group3]} > } amount)

Not applicable
Author

im doing a similar chart and have had problems as well, did you end up figuring it out

Not applicable
Author

I skipped the whole thing, sorry mate 😕

Maybe I will have a look at it again during the summer

Not applicable
Author

I stumbled across this post while searching for a better solution for this. I solved it pretty simple, by creating the previous year value for my data model.

So you load the fact onto itself.

Concatenate (Facts) Load

Y + 1 as Y,

Fact as Fact_PY,

0 as Fact

Resident Facts;

You can use in all formulas then simply Fact_PY instead of Fact.

Disadvantage: Your data and memory consumption increases which can be a problem in big applications.