Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line break at Help Text Box

Hi guys,

I'm writing some guidelines for objects and I can't seem to find how to do a line break. When I view the help text using the QV editor everythings appears fine, but if I publish the application and view it through the browser it's all a huge wall of text. For example:

***** Help ******

1)blah blah

2)blah blah

appears on the browser as

**** Help ****1)blah blah2)blah blah ...

I'm not sure if this is a qlikview bug or there is a way to make the browser understand to do a line break.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this:

='Text1'&Chr(13)&'Text2'

Succes,

Halmar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for you help! It actually needed Chr(10) to work but I figured it out eventually.

Not applicable
Author

Okay, I tried both Chr(10) and Chr(13) and they work on IE. The problem though is - and I assume is a QV one - that if you click the "?" icon the window that pops up doesn't recognise either chr(10) or chr(13). If on the other hand you hover the mouse over the "?" icon and let it display the yellow pop-up window everything looks fine. Finally, Firefox 8.0.1 doesn't like either chr(10) or chr(13) so I'm still getting a huge wall of text.

onkellepie
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

i have the same issue.

I try chr(10), chr(13), \n, <br>, Chr(13), Chr(10), Chr (13), Chr (10) nothing helps in the blue Popup screen if i click the "?". The Tooltip works.

Are there any other news to this? Can anyone help?

Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I am also having the same issue  and I am not able to format my Help (?)

Actually I need the feature to configure the Tool Tip / Hover on the table cell. Help Appreciated.