Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikael_cleuziou
Partner - Contributor III

Line chart, Multiple expressions, two dimensions and total

Hello,

In a line chart, when we use multiple expressions, qlikview doesn't used the second dimension and aggregate.

I have joined an example. In the first sheet, you can see four charts. I would like all these chart in one!

Is it possible with Qlikview? Is valuelist a good way to find the solution?

Thanks for your help.

Mika

4 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Mika.

I believe with a line chart you can have 2 dimensions and 1 expression or 1 dimension and multiple expressions.

If you have multiple dimensions with 2 expressions, the first dimension will be used and other dimensions will be ignored.

John.

mikael_cleuziou
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. It's incredible! It means that you can't have in one line chart your revenue $ and charge $ by time and country. It sounds so easy, I don't understand!

Thanks,

Mika

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can do it. Just go to the Properties of your Object, choose "Axes", select the second Expression and change the "Position" to "Right (Top)". By default your first Expression will be "Left (Bottom)". See the attached example.

Not applicable

There is a problem here  - if you have two dimensions and two expressions these two expressions will not be presented by individual line per each second dimension as it works when you have two dimensions and just one expression. The question is - is it possible to have individual line for each second dimension per each expression across first dimension?

See example in attachment