Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschullo
Creator III
Creator III

Link Table where an XREF table already exists

CaptureQVModel.JPG

I am trying to add a link table to help me create a single LOCATION field that when selected will cause only ISSUES and INCIDENTS of that location to be in the selection set.  The issue is that I already have that FACT_ISSUE_SOURCE_MAP table in the middle that relates ISSUES to INCIDENTS in a many to many relationship. Additionally, NOT ALL incidents OR issues are in this table since they are only added when both exist for a relationship.  Also, it is possible for a related inciodent or issue to not be in the same location (country) as its related counterpart.  If no slection is made of my new generic key, the user should be able to see all related countries.

Everytime I get into a situation where I need a LINK table it always seems to be some new flavor I have not dealt with before.

My first stab was to create a LOCATION_LINK table that had all the combinations of N_ISSUE_KEY:[Issue Location] and N__INCIDENT_KEY:[Incident Location] with LOCATION as the new generic key in that table, but I got a circular reference.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to add records to the existing FACT_ISSUE_SOURCE_MAP table to account for the issues or incidents that are NOT in that table and use it as my LINK table, but I am not sure how to proceed.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. If it helps any, I do know that the Oracle Sequence that the keys are pulled from is the same, so keys are unique accross tables.

0 Replies