Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator

Link Table

Hi All

I have three tables(columns) having 1(customer ID, Country ID), 2 (customer ID), 3(customer ID, Country ID) other tables are also there but these tables are forming loops, I'm having three doubts.

1) Can we created 1 link table and join all these tables with them, if yes than how

2)Can we rename the same column again and again like multiple times, is it possible.

3 Replies
Not applicable

I don't think a link table is a good fit.

First of all I would make sure the logic of what you are doing is correct:

Would it be possible to concatenate table 1 and 3, i.e. merge them into one table?

QlikView has an associative model so why not remove one of the [Country ID] fields completely? If the tables are linked there is a good chance you can remove it from Table 3 - for example - and leave it in Table 1.

Go to the QlikTips channel on YouTube and search for a video called "Creating a data model". That might help.

Not applicable

Hi,

You can enter in your script just before starting to load your tables the command: Qualify *;

By doing so, the name of the table is part of the fieldname.

Most probably your loops etc. will be gone.

Now from this point you can start to define your links.

For more info regarding the qualify statement please check the reference manual.

Regards,

Gerrit

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Concatenate 1st and 3rd table.... Load 2nd table and use Where Exist ([Customer ID]) at the end of the script