Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Link/merge 2 straight tables with different dimensions

Hi,
I have two straight tables. the first is a list of inventory stock, with the dimension of inventory item and inventory item size.
The second straight table is outstanding purchases orders with purchase order, purchase order item and purchase order item size.
I need to merge these 2 tables by item and size so that outstanding purchases match up against the item, Some items will have more than one outstanding purchase order
I have restricted the values to return only one item so far as I am dealing with a large amount of data

Below is what I have so far

This is what I am trying to achieve

Total is a calculation of a sum of stock and outstanding stock and Weeks of cover is total/avg weekly usage

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to reload the data and do any joins

Any help would be gratefully received

Dave

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

how do I do that?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Uploading a Sample

Not applicable
Author

I've been told I can't upload the sample because of security implications.

If I explain my issue another way you might be able to help

I have a straight using one set analysis called INVHST and another straight table using the set analysis PUR.

I want to link the tables via material and width so I can see any outstanding purchase orders any against the width and material.

Can tables with different set analysis be linked or is this something that needs to be coded in when the data is loaded in?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this helps: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling