Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking 2 tables

Hello,

I have an excel file with 14 sheets which have tables with the same format. Let's say they all have tables

with fields A, B and C. I could read the values these fields and put each of them in one table (Lets say tables A, B and C).

Then I made a table that holds the names of the 14 sheets (Let's call it table D).

Now I need to associate D with A, B and C, so that for example when I choose the title of sheet one from table D, all the

entries in A, B and C that were read from the 1st sheet turn white and everything else turns gray.

Can you tell me how I can associate these tables?

Thank you very much,

Naeemeh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I presume your going to lead each sheet separately into QV and then store that into one QVD? if so instead of making a separate table in excel with the sheet names, why not add the sheet name within the load in QV.

LOAD
a,
b,
c,
'Sheet1' as d

FROM
[Excel.XLs]
(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Then you can make a list box for d so you can select the data you require. Hope this helps.

Shaun

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I presume your going to lead each sheet separately into QV and then store that into one QVD? if so instead of making a separate table in excel with the sheet names, why not add the sheet name within the load in QV.

LOAD
a,
b,
c,
'Sheet1' as d

FROM
[Excel.XLs]
(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Then you can make a list box for d so you can select the data you require. Hope this helps.

Shaun

Not applicable
Author

That was easy !!

Thank you so much 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Just realized a little problem.

When I make a Table Box with the loaded data, I get an empty row for each sheet.

Do you know why?

Thanks,

Naeemeh

Not applicable
Author

There are no empty data when I make a List Box for each field and I don't have an empty entry

in the excel sheet. I only the empty rows when I make a Table Box.