Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vizz3108
Contributor II
Contributor II

Linking Filter values

Please have a look at the attached file.

Background:

Table 1 is the input file where user will enter his inputs. Columns: S.No, Product, Parts

Table 2 contains all the reference mappings. Columns: Product, Parts

Entries in table1 are subset of entries in table2.

Requirement:

In table 1, Say the user has given Mobile is S.No 2 and left Parts blank. It means that the user wants to input ALL parts under Mobile. So in the dashboard, if I select "2" in S.No listbox, I should see "Mobile" in Product listbox and "ALL" parts which are in "Mobile" in the reference table 2 under Parts listbox. Same is required of all fields (except S.No) in table 1.

Note: My input in dashboard is ONLY S.No listbox. User's input is through table 1. Idea is to make it easy for the user, so that he does not have to list every Part under Mobile in Table 1. If ANY field is blank in table 1, dashboard should understand as ALL POSSIBLE entries from table 2. 

UPDATE:

I have tried using a link table between my 2 tables. It does not work still. Please check the attached updated code.

Please help. I am new to qlikview. Thanks in advance!!

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

you could do so by implementing generic keys / dimensional link tables as described in 
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Documents/Generic-keys/ta-p/1496560

hope this helps

regards

Marco

vizz3108
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Did not understand how to implement that. Can you please post a sample solution?

nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Hi there,

I think your instinct to do a linktable is the right one!  It's just the implementation that you need to adjust a bit.  The attached can be improved, but I think it does what you want. 

Notes:  If you wanna do optimisation like the autonumberhash, try to do these later on in the process if possible.  Especially when you're debugging it's important to be able to see what's going wrong.  Also, if you can't guarantee the case, do an upper on your keys so that they all join correctly.

if you select, S.No 2:

nsm1234567_0-1621375428292.png

if you select S.No 1

nsm1234567_2-1621375543657.png

if you select S.No 4: NB:  Qlikview is case sensitive, so I had to change the spelling of Parts to be upper case in table 2

nsm1234567_3-1621375762781.png

vizz3108
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey...Many many thanks for the solution. This was an example. In my real case, I have 5 common fields. So should I do combinations for the 5 fields and concatenate them in Link table? Or can we use generic keys here? 

Pls guide.