Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

Linking a listbox selection to another listbox

Hi,

If I had two list boxes which do not currently link together and have slightly different naming convention.  Can I link them together so if you choose a item from listbox 1, I can tell it to select a specific item on listbox 2?

I've seen the use of triggers as one way, but just not sure how.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

No worries.  Wanted to see if it was possible.  I can turn to a simpler but maybe more messy solution and create several buttons/text boxes with actions which select the required fields I need

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Manish,

It doesn't quite cover what I need which is if the naming are different.

I only see where the naming within the field is the same.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

This is quite difficult if name are not same or there are no association between the two fields..

You can still make it work using multiple if condition But that's not the right solution as your fields name would be dynamic..

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

No worries.  Wanted to see if it was possible.  I can turn to a simpler but maybe more messy solution and create several buttons/text boxes with actions which select the required fields I need

Thanks for the help

nachiket_shinde
Contributor III
Contributor III

I might not have understood the question , but please go through following link if that is what needed:

Default selection on listbox on selection in other listbox