Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Linking to specific sheets

Hi,

I have a pyramid-like structure in my company, with a management_dashboard, from where the managers can use buttons to open team-specific dashboards via document_chaining to see more detail.

That in itself works fine.

I tried once to make QlikView open a specific sheet in that case, depending on a "variable" (a selection in an inline_table) that I passed from the management-dashboard down to the team-specific one. <=> That did not work.

At the time, QlikTech confirmed to us that a trigger that would, "on opening" a QV_app, activate a specific worksheet, did not work in AJAX. We solved the issue at the time by way of a macro.

Now that concept has risen from its little black box and I am just wondering whether that issue has been fixed in one of the newer versions?

I could still reactivate the macro we had to do that, but it seems a bit over the edge when QlikView should actually be able to do that on its own.

Can anybody tell me if that has been fixed?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you open documents from the access point you can add a parameter to the url to open the document on a specific sheet. See this discussion: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand