Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Become an analytics expert with Qlik's new 15 week course: Applied Data Analytics using Qlik Sense. READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking two tables

Hi,

I have two tables in my application. Table 1 has following fields:

[Start Time]                [End Time]                           [Details]

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM

Table 2 has following fields:

[Time of Action]          [Other Details]

09/18/2014 18:14          DNC1

09/18/2014 18:20          DNC2

I want to create a master table such that if the [Time Action] is between the [Start Time] and [End Time], I append all the details. The final table which I want is similar to this:

[Start Time]                [End Time]                           [Details]        [Time of Action]          [Other Details]

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM                    09/18/2014 18:14          DNC1

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM                    09/18/2014 18:14          DNC2

Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Exactly for that purpose the IntervalMatch function has an extended syntax. You can pass the ID as extra parameter. See this discussion for an example: Between / subquery /intervalmatch(?) issue

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vikasmahajan
Champion
Champion

You need to apply Interval Match  command we have lot of example in community for interval match search

and use it.

Vikas

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the intervalmatch function. See this blog post for an example: IntervalMatch

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert - however, as I was reading about Interval Match i realized that there is an additional challenge.

There is an ID column in both the tables and I need to ensure that the ID's are same while linking the two tables. Is there a way to implement this?

Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Exactly for that purpose the IntervalMatch function has an extended syntax. You can pass the ID as extra parameter. See this discussion for an example: Between / subquery /intervalmatch(?) issue

View solution in original post

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Balaji,

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
AS