Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box dependency

Hi,

I'm trying to create a listbox that populates values as per the values chosen from another listbox. I've a listbox called Dimensions that lists out all the possible dimensions in a listbox for a chart (LED Checkboxes). I've another listbox called Expressions designed similarly.

The dimension listbox has 3 default dimensions selected (possible 10 dimensions) and one default expression (possible 6 expressions).

One particular expression can only be available if a particular dimension is selected (not a default selection). So basically I'm trying to create a dependency so that if a dimension is selected,only then the expression list box shows that possible expression.

I created a expression for the Expressions listbox as follows -

=if(index(GetFieldSelections(_dimensions), 'Account') > 0, _expressions, aggr(only({<_expressions ={"*"}-{Classification}>}_expressions),_expressions) )

It is supposed to show Classification as a possible expression selection only if Account is selected in the dimension listbox. This works till I'm playing around the dimensions list box. Whenever I start selecting possible expressions, the default dimensions get reset and all dimensions appear on the chart.

Could someone help me with this?

0 Replies