Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listbox selection override in case of No data

Hi,

I have a Listbox showing 2 values, Business and Consumer which I am loading from an Inline Table, and this Inline table is conected to Fact table containing Product Type.

It is working fine If I have both Consumer and Business in data, if either of them is missing then seleting that missing value leads to nothing to display in charts.

Is there any way with which I can override user selecion if data is not present in fact table for that selection and show the other one which exists?

Regards,

Navdeep Kumar

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Navdeep,

could you post a sample application.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Navdeep,

You can use Suppress When Value is Null option for this while calling your dimensions. This will remove Nulls from your table and show you data.

Thanks,
AS

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

PFA the demo app.

Not applicable
Author

I would create two identical tables. In the expressions of one I would include this set {<Listbox=>}, this will ignore the selections in the list box. I would then add Show condition to this chart that it will only appear if count(yourexpression)= 0. This means that this chart will only show if there is no value output from your expression (without the set). If you overlay the first chart with this it will look like one chart that does what you need.

Not applicable
Author

Amit,

Actually nothing is present at all for that selection, I want to overide that invalid slection with valid. Please check the attached app.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Like this???

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

See attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carly,

Nice approach. But my data set is huge and adding two charts will make it slow,and  top of it expressions are alredy very complicated.

Is there any way else, like I can use expression of listbox and do something??

Not applicable
Author

Thnks,

But is there any way I can use the expression of listbox?? Actually expressions of charts are very complicated and  wriiten by someone else..so if I can do somehing in a simple manner, that would be great.