Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Listboxes - force a selection

Hi,

I havean app where it is essential that in a listbox I have added on the GUI, there is a selection at all times - I could as well code a default in case there is none, but I found it easier to force a selection in the listbox

<=> only it doesn't seem to work yet.

That might be connected to the fact that I am still testing the script and not always executing it to the end?

Can you confirm to me whether or not this feature is known to work reliably? => depending on that, I will hard-code a "Plan B" in the variable controlled by that listbox or not.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

true because the field is empty when you break the script execution (no values) so there is none to select. In normal reload, it will not be reset

View solution in original post

4 Replies
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Could you use the 'Always One Selected Value' option in the listbox properties?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Charlotte,

that is exactly the option I use - but it seems that every time I execute the script with a breakpoint and don't let it run to Finish, the option is reset.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

true because the field is empty when you break the script execution (no values) so there is none to select. In normal reload, it will not be reset

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the reload is too long - use debug mode limiting load to a small number of records.