Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load, Partial Reload

Hi,

I have 10 tables and after loading all the data (let say on January 2, 2016), I would like to load on a daily basis the 9 tables and quarterly basis the 10th table (let say April 1, 2016).

Though 10th table will be loaded quarterly, Qlikview should maintain the data of the 10th table which was loaded  (in my example - January 2, 2016) initially until the next load (in my example - April 1, 2016)

Please advise how to do this.

Regards,

Obet

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

thanks for your reply.

I am not sure if it is incremental load:

I have 3 source table and after loading the data for the first time, I would like to update the two tables but not the 3rd table, though I would like to keep the 3rd table and the data that was previously loaded as this is part of the analysis.

I will give you an example:

Performance report happens only once a year, so there is no need to pull the data (which is by the way very large)  via ODBC every time I click "load".

Regards

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Roberto,

I can think of two possible ways to do this. Of course there can be more ways too

Create separate QVD generator applications . One which should run and load the tables daily and 2nd QV document which is scheduled to runs quarterly.

Single QV document but you put the quarterly Load in a control statement (like if else ).

Use following function to check if today is the start of new quarter or not.. If yes then do tha load or else not.

You may then do incremental or completely REPLACE that load... I meant you can append data to (Today-April) loaded data Or you can remove it and load only (May - Aug)

QuarterStart(date[, period_no[, first_month_of_yea]])

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunctions/q...

If you need to run on end of the quarter, you may use another function

QuarterEnd(date[, period_no[, first_month_of_year]])

But as I said there can be multiple ways to acheive this.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks

Giri