Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load QVD files into a DataWarehouse

Dear all.

Is it possible to integrate information stored in qvd files into a database (say Oracle)?? Is there any connector to access QVD or QVW information from an ETL, so that this information can be included into a DataWarehouse??

Thanks and regards,

Julio.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Julio, there was an ODBC for Qlikview 8.5 I think, but is no longer mantained. One thing to remember is that Qlikview is self-sufficient and does not need a dataware house, but if you're client is thinking to save the budget and use qlikview data for other applications I would not recommend it. Probably you're best chance is writing an external program that reads the qvds.

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

SInce version 9, it's possible to store a CSV file using the same syntax as storing a QVD file. You can "copy" your QVD file using 2-lines script:

Tab1:
load * from file.qvd (qvd);
store Tab1 into file.csv (csv);

Once you have your data in a text file, you can load it in any other database.

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Oleg. I don't know it before. Very usefull.

Tab1:

load * from file.qvd (qvd);

store Tab1 into file.txt (txt);

Not applicable
Author

Hello Oleg!

When I tried it in my document the same thing doesn't work for me. Please check why is that happening like that.

Attached the document for you reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Any idea why the same thing is not working in mine.

Please check the attached file in my previous post and help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rikab.

in QV 9 you can run that code

Tab1:

load * from items.qvd (qvd);

store Tab1 into file.txt (txt);

to save table like csv.

Not applicable
Author

Yes Arthur, After doing that only I have posted. If you need any clarification. Please look in to the attachment of my previous post. When I reload the document after adding you script I am getting the below error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rikab,

You will not have a table called Tab1. Since you're doing a resident load from "items" and not changing anything in the table structure you will get an automatic concatenation between the tables. The result will be that table "items" has duplicate rows for every entry and table Tab1 is not created. Try preceeding the load with NOCONCATENATE in order to stop the concatenation. Also, drop Tab1 after storing it to csv. However, the simple answer is to just forget the resident load and do a:

store items into file.csv (csv);

Not applicable
Author

[quote user="Johannes Sundén"]

a:

store items into file.csv (csv);

Though when I did the above thing it was working. But I am not able to understand your explanation on why it doesn't work. Because I don't know where I was doing resident load. Will be thankful if you can explain in some easier way.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab