Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load Specific Sheets from multiple Excel Files

Hi, I have the whole set of Sheet names needed to load from multiple Excel Files , any ideas of how to load those specific Sheets  from multiple excel Files? 

*  Right know I can do the loading for just for 1 file and it has to be replied for the rest of the sheets of every file

*  All this specific sheets share the same structure.

*  The name of each Sheet has different length.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you can prepare a table (e.g. an INLINE table) with two fields, Excel file names and Excel sheet names to load.

Then loop over this table (and alternative might be to use a FOR EACH .. IN () ... NEXT loop) record by record and built your LOAD .. FROM [$(vFileName)] (... table is $(vSheetName)) statement accordingly.

If you search around the forum, you should find some examples on how to do this in detail.

Not applicable
Author

Swuehl:

Thank you very much for your answer,

I ´ve tried the  For Each..... I know it should  work but I ´m not doing correct the specification for sheets to be loaded, I already have my  LOAD .. FROM [$(vFileName)] (... table is $(vSheetName)) working fine I know I´m just almost done , just that part loading all the sheets specified keeps me a Little bit  worried

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you could post your current script code that does the loops & sheet loading, it would be easier to maybe spot a potential issue.

Not applicable
Author

ok , I ll work on an example, just not to show data from the company, thank you very much