Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HermGerm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load expressions from excel, different expression in same field

Hi,

I'm loading expressions from a excel-sheet, which looks like this

Data     Expression  Report
Data1  sum(value)  PL
Data2  sum(value)  PL

In the chart, I choose the Expression with this =$(=Only({<Report={'PL'}>}Expression))

Which works just fine. Now I have a dimension, which needs an other expression, but if I add this Expression into my excel, no results at all are shown in the chart

Data     Expression  Report
Data1  sum(value)  PL
Data2  sum(value)  PL
Data3  sum(othervalue) PL

Is there a way to make this work?

PS:I dont want to make a new column in the excel and then store the different expression there.

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I think your expression needs to add the Data Column to select each expression:

=$(=Only({<Report={'PL'}, Data={'Data1}>}Expression))

=$(=Only({<Report={'PL'}, Data={'Data2}>}Expression))

=$(=Only({<Report={'PL'}, Data={'Data3}>}Expression))

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If Ruben's post was what you needed, please be sure to close out your thread by coming back to it and on Ruben's post, use the Accept as Solution button to mark his post as the solution.  This gives him credit for the help and lets other Members know this worked.  We appreciate members that close out their threads.  If you did something different, you can post that, and then use the button to mark that post too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.