Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaReD_SF85
Contributor III
Contributor III

Load only matching records to previous loaded table

I have 3 tables of data.  2 tables contain Names and Alias of the owners.  The 3rd table is basically the master table to enable the reporting of the name, alias, department, executive, etc.

Table1:

Product

Manager   (this is a name)

Manager Alias

Table 2:

Project ID

Project Manager  (this is a name)

Manager Alias

Table 3:

Employee Name

Alias

Department

Director

Executive

Loading currently results in a loop when loading each table using the "as" clause to  match Table 3's Name and Alias  field names.  (At times I have the alias only to compare to table 3 data and other times I the name  only.)

Also, Table 3 really only needs the rows where the values common to both tables 1 and 2 exist.  It's rather large and unnecessary to load all records for the organization.

Thoughts?  Using WHERE to Load table 3 if Manager Name matches Employee Name results in "Manager Name field not found".    I am not using Resident (or any other option) - just a simple Load  * from the source file for each table.

(I haven't even thought of how to load the  2nd data table!)  

Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

attaching the script would help, you just need to make sure the field names are correct

where exists(Manager,[Employee Name]) should work assuming you already loaded the first table and Manager is the field for the name you want to compare.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

attaching the script would help, you just need to make sure the field names are correct

where exists(Manager,[Employee Name]) should work assuming you already loaded the first table and Manager is the field for the name you want to compare.