Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

Load script for multiple tabs in single excel document

Hope someone can help with this.

I have very large data file to process shortly with coded field values. Accompanying this file is the field value definitions document. This document consists of a tab per field in a single excel document. My problem is that there are 200+ fields, hence 200+ tabs. I've seen some examples where there is a load script solution but these seem to be based on the same field names (each table has distinct field names). When I've tried replacing the field names with '*' it doesn't work either.

Can someone help? I really don't want to have to add 200+ pieces of load script...

Appreciated.

Matt

28 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Sure. Give me like 20 mins as I have another work to complete. I will update the code.

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I appreciate this so much. Thank you for taking time out of your day to help

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

No problem . Have a look at the attached file. I tried to explain the code part in second tab. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much!

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Have a fantastic day Matt .

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You too!

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

error 3.jpg

Hi Tamil,

I went to reload your QVW file having made a change to the field names but get this error message. I updated the file path for the variable 'file' but can't see what the issue might be. Any ideas how I can fix this? If not, I've attached the revised data file, would you be able to re-run your dashboard on your end and send it to me?

Appreciated!

Matt

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have changed the ODBC connection string and forgot to change it back according to your system.

Please change this line.

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=$(file)]

ODBC CONNECT64 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=$(file)];

If you still have any issues, I am happy to run the file and give it back to you.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Matt - I have updated the code against the latest file. Go ahead and try running the file in your system. Let me know if you have any issues.

P.S: My previous attached file will not be working, if column names have spaces. So I have corrected my mistake. Please review the code as well.