cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading data in QlikView

Hi All

I have an Excel file with 4000 rows of data,some rows are hidden in excel file itself,the problem I encountered while I was loading this file was that only some rows are getting loaded.Can anyone please help me in this issue.Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I just did a test loading from Excel where rows are hidden. QlikView loaded all the rows.

I think there is something else going on. Can you share your Excel file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I cannot share my data as it is confidential,but I am not having an idea why data is not getting loaded completely,instead data in initial rows is only getting loaded,other rows are getting ignored

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Hi Vani,

QlikView loads all records/rows from the Excel file if the load statement has not where condition, maybe you can't see some records because these are duplicated in your Excel file, so QlikView automatically creates groups. If you want see all records, my advice is that you create an ID for each row:

YourTable:

Load

RowNo() as ID,

from ExcelFile;

Regards,

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Sometimes Excel workbooks get corrupted.

You might try copying the data to another workbook. Then load from the new workbook.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique

I have no duplicated values

In file type wizard all loaded data should show up,which is present in input file,but,only starting some rows are only being shown

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Can you identify the last row loaded in the QVW file, and then go to your Excel file and check the next row that is not loaded? QlikView is not able to load data that contains some symbols or special characters, this could be the cause of your problem. When QlikView load data from any source and in some point finds any special symbol, the data is truncated until the last record before this symbol.

Not applicable
Author

Are some of the fields calculating fields because they won't load in to Qlik? At least mine didn't, had to copy and paste values to get around that issue,  Expressions or Macros might be the problem. If you have hidden tabs it sounds like something is working in the background.  My guess,

TM3

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Vani,

make an fake example or screenshot, so it is possible find very quickly a solution for your issue